security - Is the password weak under dictionary attack -


Thanks for watching All honestly answered useful answers are

I used the password password meter So that the user will know how strong the password they choose is. But the password tester does not clearly tell how much I am weak under a dictionary attack during the password, how do I check for it, and is it worth it?

In addition my regular password checker starts with Javascript in the browser (no broadcast is required). If I want to check for the weakness of the dictionary attack, then I have to broadcast it on a script. I understand that I should not broadcast it clearly.

Can someone help me? How do I password under a dictionary attack is not weak and how can I encrypt it before transmitting to my script?

Additional information:

Why do I feel that I need to check dictionary attacks other than regular password meters? As some of you have said, users can choose a password like P @ SSword or Yellow12. But most password strength checkers coming to me will be considered as a good password. At least I am using it and it seems (and it really feels that this is one of the best password checkers.) If someone is aware of a strong password checker, please mention it, but only if You know on the basis of experience that it is strong; )

But my question really is: How can I check a dictionary attack on password? I have read somewhere that this has been done against hash, but where do I search? Once I find out how to do this, I will decide whether it is worth it or not.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far :)

I come I am looking forward to this question later than others, and I am surprised that no one has noticed that no dictionary can be completely investigated. At least no one has said it in so many words.

I think that you need a bigger dictionary, where every entry has worn out and it will allow you to say that the user chooses to compare the hashed password The passwords are not in your dictionary, but how will you be sure that it is complete ?

Obviously, you can not be sure. Do you include foreign words? technical term?

Does Password Fireworks Reach Better Dictionaries?

I think that what you can do is advice to make users a good password - show them some examples - but this is their choice.

And do the SSL thing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -