ruby - Forking a gem for a Rails project -


I have found myself twice in this situation: I install a gem on my system and it is my rail project I start experimenting with After all I have to make some changes in that gem. How should I proceed?

Ideally I would like to check the source code of that gem, like ~ / third_party / gem, work on it and use my rail projects instead, is it possible?

In all cases the jewels were in Github, so I would probably clone it in Gitanbu, keep my spot and maintain my branch. I think I would set that branch straight by installing a gem on my server. Does this make sense?

Today it is very easy to do this with the bundler, you make a local copy of the gem and then your own jamphile Instead of doing

  gem "whatever you do"  

you do:

  gem "whatever" ,: Path = & gt; "/ Home / pupeno / whatever"  

After installing the bundle, Mane has been selected from that directory. Even if you modify something there, you need to reload, this is to restart the rail.

If you need to deploy an application using your own changes of a gem, then you make a thorn github or similar and as you do it:

  Mani "whatever" ,: git = & gt; "Git@github.com: /pupeno/whatever.git"  

And that's it. It's simple, simple and beautiful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -