visual studio - what's wrong with this ADODB connection string to sql server 2005 -


I am working on opening blankboxes in Visual Studio 2005 using VB and I'm stuck on the connection string part . I should mention that I am connected to a SQL Server 2005 instance. Here's what I have:

  dim gDBA ADODB.Connection ADODB.Recordset gDBA = new ADODB.Connection gDBA.Open ("Server = E-13; Database = Consumer; User  

I got the connection string

When I click 'Run', I received a message containing a brief message: "[Microsoft] [ODBC Driver manager] did not get the name of the data source and no default driver was specified. "

I'm guessing the system is looking for the name of the ODBC driver, however, I'm not sure where to put it. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

You are missing either "provider = SQLNCLI" or "provider = SQLOLEDB" or "driver" = {SQL Native Client} "shows 2 of the articles you have quoted, but without the SQL Native Client If installed, you can rely on ScloLDB

This specifies the driver, otherwise it is received through a control panel from a DSN set. This tells the error.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -