performance - Target mysql query response times -


As I'm looking to customize some of mysql questions and improve performance, I'm going to find out I am not sure what kind of reaction time I should target, obviously less is better, but what do you normally aim as a 'slow' query for the consumer site?

My queries are currently running between 0.00 to 0.70 seconds

I think 0.00 is very good, but what about 0.70 seconds? I think I should look for better performance on that? If so, what do you usually want to do?

----- A little more information about my query to answer your questions (although I'm really interested in you and whatever you do ----

< P> My questions are on tables connected between 1-3 million rows (sometimes more), I run 4 questions in a single box on 4 GB RAM and a SATA drive. This box runs 6 different databases which Regular inquiries are made, on a regular basis The time I have given is for 'reading' database which is rarely written.

For web requests, I am running between 1 and 3 questions ( But I also cache the data using the memory for display).

The time I gave it, I got it from the command line terminal in the machine with mysql response (so I think that actually Runtime).

Based on queries Many questions are added between 4 and 7.

It depends - if you have the same machine In DB or any other machine, e. It also depends on which types of queries, how many meet, how many rows, if you use the index to draw data, then there is no good answer: "A query should take this and that time".

I am running some complex questions between two machines, and it takes between 780 and 850 mms - and this does not mean anything to you .... (Maybe they will decrease on the same machine ..., on Internet connection - now Ect ...)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -