How to 'fix' a SVN branch/tree conflict? -


I acquired a software project and put everything using STVN on STVN (tow). If the trunk is below the root then the whole application is in the trunk (which I tagged 1.0). For my first big feature, I created a feature branch called "Dev".

I can merge the changes in the Dev branch in the trunk branch without any problems (as I used to fix small bugs). Once my facility was completed, I merged back in the trunk branch till everything worked fin until this point. Under the new code, the new code showed the new feature properly, but then I committed a commitment (the result of the merge of commitment) and now every time I try to merge with root or dev branch, the SVN will be "Tree" on many files Tribal "even files that did not touch since the merge. I tried to resolve the conflicts without success.

I am the sole developer, so I do not really care about major changes in the repository. But if I can, I still want to keep a history of all the files.

What would be the best way to fix this problem? Is there any way that I can tag all the latest files in the root trunk as a "fixed" version of the file?


More info

  1. Yes, 'main' and 'trunk' are the same thing I have clarified my question.
  2. When you have merged back from the convenience branch, did you first merge another to eliminate the latest trunk changes from the trunk? "Yes, the trunk was up-to-date. The god branch had made all the changes in the trunk.
  3. " Everything was messed up ": What I meant was committed, but then I started merge with the trunk, for the trunk, the SVN complains about the 'tree collision'.
  4. I have more than 200 tree collisions. So, what I see is "all Accept "is the command

[edit] Eleoime Solutions My problem Or was not corrected, however, it was correct with the issues of the SVN version. Currently (2009-10-28), Assembla is using SVN v1.5.1 and my turtle was SVN v1.6. This is the reason It was that I was struggling with such trees. I tried to use the solution according to the link of Elohim and it did not work (I tried to merge several times before trying to merge the two-head merge. Files are not rooted

Seeing that a broken merge with a head will still not work, I decided to remove the ".svn" all the files in my branch folder, Copy the files to the root folder and commit one

should help.

Otherwise, do you use Turtle SVN customer 1.6. X? It seems ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -