multithreading - Is the Python GIL really per interpreter? -


I often see people looking at that GIL is against Python interpreter (here also on StackerVarF Flo).

But what I see in the source code is that GIL is a global variable and therefore there is a GIL for all interpreters in each dragon process. I know that they did this because there is no interpreter object passing like a Loo or TCL, it was not well designed at the beginning. Python is not portable for the use of local storage python people.

Is that correct? I had a small glance of version 2.4 which I am using here in a project.

Has it changed to later versions, especially in 3.0?

GIL is not really per-process, per-interpreter. It is unchanged in 3.x.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -