Setup kits in VS.2008 -


I have run a lot in this problem in the past, but in reality it was never answered. When I am making a setup kit in Visual Studio 2008 (my projects are usually in VB, whatever changes), they all start working properly. However, when I make a new version of the setup kit something weird:

The installation made the registry change only fine (it checks to see if it usually does this). (I think there are some changes in the registry or wherever anywhere Windows stores your data for the program 'Remove Programs of your OS'), but the file has not changed, so that's why A. I was still living with the old version!

If I try to install an older version, then it tells me that the new version is installed and will not allow this, to confirm the fact that something changed during the establishment . Also, when I try to re-install the new version, I get a general option to remove and repair, so if I do repairs then nothing can change. If I delete it, then the application is successfully destroyed. Should I try to reset the new setup kit from scratch (either on a new PC, remove it from the 'Add-Remove Program' option or from the setup kit ' After using the 'Removal' option) the new version will be installed. / P>

This is done for every project I did in 2008 and I am sure that I am doing everything properly with doing this with the VS-2005 project and they work fine. Is this a known issue with 2008? Is there any fix?

Thank you

In vs2008 there are two versions with the window installer that are important. The properties of the same installer project is the version that changing the result of the installer version in the pop-up, you are asked to make similar changes to the product code. If I'm not mistaken, closing this version basically creates a separate installation package that overwrites the existing installation target (vb app) and ends in version mismatch.

Other versions are on your vb application. Assembly or file version in the Applications tab of your vb app project property.

Based on your complaint, it seems that you are changing the installer version when you should change the assembly version of your VB application. / P>

I can have this backwards, since I've used the Vs. installer, it's been a while since.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -