svn - Best source control for us to use(and how to convince people of it?) -


I am in a little startup company right now we are using JDI VCS for our source control needs Not too bad, besides this it is a buggy car. It worked because we were using it for the management of "old" Delphi projects.

Now, we are developing things in VS 2008 and .NET and I realized that JDI is very much made up of Delphi when I want a project branch and a Delphi project file to be provided.

Now then. I am thinking that SVN looks very good, but I am using it for about 3 years and I am comfortable with it, so I do not want to choose it because I know it.

My boss wants the sources to use all "VSS" on the internet, after reading, I feel that it seems to be hellish to develop, and still will not fix the current problem We are in that branch (because VSS is hell for the branches). He wants us to use VSS because it can control the source on the SQL database (apparently? I was never able to work it and heard that it requires some different web development version or something .)

Now, what source control should we use (it is less than 5 programmers) which are modern and cheap / free? And how can I understand my boss that he can not make the SQL version, or is it not worth it? / P>

Subversion, used it for 5 years. Add to TortoiseSVN Front End and it's great.

VSS is garbage it locks files at checkout (which I personally hate), it's not free. You need a different GUI. It is very awesome in any kind of slow bandwidth pipe. Disclaimer: My Experience

HTML>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -