build - Electric Cloud / BuildForge: worth the expense? -


I just saw an electric cloud demo and it was very interesting, but it is expensive. Excellent features - Remove secret sauce from my build and standardize it with reusable steps - make parallel to make it and use my build field more effectively << p> PRO: Br> - Restart the construction with any step - Integrate test automation and promotion (maybe even deploying in production) with good logging, auditing and reporting

Con: The value of the enterprise size

I think I possibly can use SATF, Maven and Hudson with some plugin development so that what these tools provide (but not all), but for this much All adaptation will be required and I feel like beating my clothes instead of paying for a washing machine against rocks.

Do anyone have opinions to share about these options and what aspects of the environment make one option better than the other?

In my last company, we have deployed both the commander and the accelerator. In my present company, we are planning to do the same thing.

My last company built nearly 70 per day. The time of production was 12 hours by using the accelerator, the total construction time was reduced by about 3 hours. We started the very latest release of the deployment and its incoming streams. We used the commander to follow a continuous integration (CI) model - the same "recipe" was used for both CI and with the creation of CI overnight, using a few different options We do. The number of night building failures has come down to about 0 and the speed of development has increased significantly. At that time, we all heard from the development "ahead of me" !!! ROI was unbelievable for this.

Yes, you can develop some of these using Hudson or Cruise Control, but as you have indicated that you will not get much functionality and time to spend optimization and support Will end.

> If you want to discuss this, feel free to contact me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -