sql server - Dynamic web form targetting user specified database fields -


I have an issue where I am creating a greenfield web application using AFNET MVC which is manually If a long paper form is recorded (mostly) in an existing SQL Server 2005 database, then the front end is a new part, but I am working against an existing minor generalized schema. I can easily add new tables, views and more to the schema, but the revised tables are going to be impossible at present, currently at least 2 existing applications (which I know) that refer to this schema and at least I A dozen "SELECT * FROM ..." has stumbled on the statement. They are present in the code and both are visible in the trigger / stored procs / etc. This is the reason that revising the existing table schema is not canceled.

All being said, the form targets different areas in several tables in the form database. It should also be dynamic enough so that end users can get targeted areas to add new questions. End users have a strong idea of ​​the existing database schema, so they are quite knowledgeable about how to select tables / fields to target them.

I have a really good idea how can I deal with this, but it looks like the top and it will be difficult to write. I'm hoping that there could be a simple (R) way of handling a project that I did not think of.

If users know the DB schema, then you have Dynamic Data Project And just create that web app front front end of the DB, you can only create those models which are needed and those applications which will display data from those tables with insert / editing capabilities.

But this is a totally different story if they have some extra functionality for it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -