Extract debugging information from a msys/mingw gcc built dll using rebase.exe? -


I am trying to analyze a mini crash dump and need symbol files to get more details about the accident I am Im is currently just looking at: "034eff74 0086eee9 00000000 0089d58d 034eff94 app_integrator! ZNK14ACE_Data_Block4baseEv + 0x6"

Is it possible to remove debugging information from a msys / mingw gcc build dll in a windbg readable format? If not, is there any other way to get more detailed information, such as loading a MAP file somehow?

DLL and all present in it O files are created from -g flag

-

Windbag can not cope with debugging information that is on a mingow installation- however, it is reportedly But CFOs can face with symbols.

If the source files for your DLL are quite small, then you might be able to get COFF debug information (-gcoff instead of -cgoff).

Then, Windbg (reportedly) can handle COFF symbols and GCC can generate them. So it should be easy, right? I was actually trying to do this by generating a Win32 executable Visual Studio 2008 which was loading a GCC compiled DLL Unfortunately for me, compiling with GCoff was not working. Mingav's GCC code will not generate COFF symbols for projects with more than 64 km. The DLL was distincly larger than I was using so 64K code lines. Sadly, I have to accept, I quit and fell back on the dependable output dubbing string. Otherwise I will be able to give more complete instructions. I am not checking the option to make GCC alternative option for writing debugging extensions to parse the CFF symbols, or DrabRaf or STABs data in internal symbol tables of Windbags for large source files. .

I have decided the issue, this way!

Further suggestions can be found.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -