ASP.NET gone FUBAR on a production machine -


Today we tried to put an ASP.NET application, which helped me to develop another production machine. But this time we got a very strange error.

First of all, from all ASP.NET pages, only Login.aspx was working. The rest just show a blank screen when they login. The HTTP response is 200 but there is no content.

Worse - When I try to enter the address of some unusual ASPX page, I get the HTTP 200 too! Or, when I disappear in the current ASPX page code (which should be accessible without entering without access), then I also get the HTTP 200.

If I enter the name of some unusual resource (like asdasd.jpg), I expect 404.

Redirects to the login page are written manually in Global.asax. That's because the app has to use some alternative methods of authentication too, so I can not just use form authentication. I suspect that Global. ASX is failing, if not for the working page.

Notable facts are also that this machine is a domain controller and SharePoint has been installed on it. However the website in question is listed in SharePoint's Exception List.

I will check the following:

  1. Whether the virtual application or its Inside the site itself and not just a virtual directory?
  2. Is this app its own app pool? If it does not happen then, pool shared in a separate NAT edition by the AP pool.
  3. Is the correct version of the application correct? 1.1 or 2.0?
  4. Is there any permissions to access files in file system through IIS?
  5. Did you reset an IIS?
  6. Create a single malfunction test.aspx page in your folder that only shows the date / time and it works.
  7. Make this single test.aspx page an exception (split by zero for example) and see that the result is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -