Some questions on C++ struct and array -


I'm relatively new to C ++ and I'm having trouble understanding the structure.

I have a straight declaration

  struct MyNode {int level; Int index Minor children [4]; }  

However code C2488 fails to compile and report error: The total size of the array should not exceed 0x7fffffff bytes.

but the following code compiles

  struct MyNode {int level; Int index Minorod * Children; }  

Can I code for as a first example or maybe something that I am missing.

Thank you!

This fails to compile, because the compiler needs to know each type of size. So, what is sizeof (MyNode) ? This is the sizeof (int) * 2 + sizeof (MyNode) : makes the recurrence size impossible to understand.

As your second example, why does this work? Because sizeof (MyNode *) is known: This target is an address-size on the platform.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -