python - os.popen subprocess conversion -


This snippet gives me the dotted quad of my BSD network interface. How would I use the subprocess module instead?

  ifcfg_lines = os.popen ("/ sbin / ifconfig fxp0"). Readlines () x = string.split (ifcfg_lines [3]) [1]  

It seems that I can not use subprocessation in the same way. I do not think I want shell = true or pipe. What should I do to index output?

Thank you. Poppin, PIPE ifcfg_lines = Popen ("/ sbin / ifconfig fxp0", from

  subprocess imports   

For a little more beauty, hide details:

  DEF getBSDIP (): poppin import from the subprocess import, pipe import string = current ("/ sbin / ifconfig  

if you are going to use subprocess Elegance to this is a little limited because you essentially have screencrap If you really want a general solution, then use the socket library, i.e. handle Python portability.

Often, when you are doing something like this, you are scripting scripts here. You see a little code and you want to have a better cleaner way to do this, that means you have to question your beliefs, and change the solution's algorithm or architecture


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -