flash - How do I prevent programmatically the "Program Compatibility Assistant" in Vista (and Windows 7) from appearing? -


I can develop a C ++ program which can use Adobe Flash, although this is not necessary.
I created the flash instrument flash object, and if it fails, I know that Flash is not installed so I do not use it.
However, in Vista (and I also get Windows 7), when Flash does not install, after leaving the application, the "Program Compatibility Assistant" message says that "this program is missing the Windows component" Flash.Oux Need to specify.

Is there a way to stop this message from appearing? I do not want to force any user to install Flash (especially when it is IE Active X, and Firefox users can not install it), and my application can work well without flash . Plus this message is really annoying when it appears after every run.
I do not mean that PCA should be disabled on the user's machine, but disable this particular program on all machines.

Any thoughts? Thanksgiving

[edit:]

I followed the lead (thank you), and dig some of my own. I added the following XML to the app's manifest:

  & lt; TrustInfo xmlns = "karash: schema-microsoft-com: asm.v2" & gt; & Lt; Security & gt; & Lt; RequestedPrivileges & gt; & Lt; The requested exclusion level level = "asInvoker" uiAccess = "false" & gt; & Lt; / RequestExecutionLevel & gt; & Lt; / RequestedPrivileges & gt; & Lt; / Safety & gt; & Lt; / TrustInfo & gt;  

(See also :)
The solution to the problem on Vista 64.

To resolve the same problem on Windows 7, I added the following:

  & lt; Compatibility xmlns = "vase: schemas-microsoft-com: compatibility.v1" & gt; & Lt; Application & gt; & Lt ;! - ID below indicates application support for Windows Vista - & gt; & Lt; Supported device ID = "{e2011457-1546-43c5-a5fe-008deee3d3f0}" /> & Lt ;! - ID below indicates application support for Windows 7 - & gt; & Lt; Supported OS ID = "{35138b9a-5d96-4fbd-8e2d-a2440225f93a}" /> & Lt; / Application & gt; & Lt; / Compatibility & gt;  

(See also :)

Resolved Windows 7

But for some reason, it still happens in 32 Vista ...

I also tried to appear in the specific DLL Causes, but it has no effect. The problem is affected only by the appearance of the executable.

Then ... Vista 32?

From snippet (bids about setup, but related to your case)

How can I opt out of program compatibility support for my setup?

To prevent the program compatibility assistant from appearing, you must include an embedded manifest that specifies the executed performance level for your setup executable. If you wrap the setup executable in the self-removal package, you will also need to include an embedded manifest in the self-extract package. Once you do this, Windows Vista will treat your setup as Vista Vista-Awareness, and after the failure or cancellation the setup will exit, then it will not show the PCA dialog.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -