Is a "CSS Reset" necessary for cross-browser CSS? -


I am trying to come up with a decent cross-browser CSS framework for my next project, because my last one There was a whole bunch of PHP / CSS hacks (terrible things like class = "blah & lt;? = IsIe ()? & Gt;" ). I want to make it "right" I have seen, which is not very interested, so I would like to narrow it down: Is there a CSS reset for cross-browser formatting? What about Doctype? Should use

  & lt ;! DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "- // W3C // DTD HTML 4.01 // N" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict DTD" & gt;  

Or what? Besides, is there any insight into the usefulness of someone?

A CSS reset is not required, but it certainly helps a lot, it equals all the elements Form is provided in all browsers.

There are still some things that differentiate the box model due to each browser (mainly IE). Browsers are easy ways to create a specific CSS, however, make changes in the inline class. You can create an IE specific style sheet and can override only those specific things you can change, so you do not need PHP for this.

  & lt ;! - [If IE 6] & gt; & Lt; Link rel = "stylesheet" type = "text / css" href = "ie6.css" /> & Lt; [Endif] - & gt;  

You can also use "lt" & lt; And for "gt"

  & lt ;! - [If LT IE 7] & gt; & Lt; Link rel = "stylesheet" type = "text / css" href = "ie6.css" /> & Lt; [Endif] - & gt;  

For me, resetting a CSS is my 99% issue.

Yahoo is a good one


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -