usability - "Date of birth" validation: How far/much would you go? -


I am quite anecdote about form validation. So to create a validator for a "birth data" (DOB) field of one of my current projects for a job application form (platform / language is neutral in this context), to prevent 'foil' inputs needed.

I used a date picker and restricted from the present day to a maximum of XX . XX makes sense for this scenario because no young person should apply for a job.

Verification error message is: You seem to be very low for the job.

Then I started to be brave

If BAB is more than 120 years ago, then the message: "You can not be that old man !!!"

If there is a DOB in the future, then the message: "You should be kidding, you have not been born yet !!!"

Finally, I deployed without the last 2 , Even mysterious for my no-nonsense client

I would like

Similarly, for dates like "Date of Marriage", "Year of Graduation" etc., how far away / can you know?

PS: As I was about to submit this post, there is a warning under the headline text box: "The question you are asking is subjective and it is likely to close." Fingers crossed

To add: I am surprised that some / most people do not even worry about verification. I repeat one of my comments here:

If the user entered the date incorrectly (some very obvious) then whether intentionally or accidentally; This is to catch the purpose of the valetors when the system goes into the system, the site owner only knows that the input is wrong, that the user will not know the actual value without asking if this area is very important, it is a beautiful The scenario will not be there.

You have filled the form of how often you have been disappointed because some "overactive clever" programmers have some " Validation "which went wrong for your situation? I say, trust the user, come to think about it, like it takes time, I think people are living for a long time and are reaching the net in the years before, anyway. : P


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -