.net - Is Mono really cross-platform? -


The government mono project website says that mono works successfully on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. is it true?
I want to build applications that work at least on Windows and Linux. Is it possible with mono?

P.S. I know that similar topics are already present (e.g.), but they may be outdated

Yes it's possible.

It usually works very well, but I do not think there are any large / medium scale applications on mono that you can browse one.

As Mono is a subset of the real thing (.net), to maintain the best compatibility, you have a mono-supported platform (eg Linux), once this works once you do a lot It can be more certain that it will work on the net. I am saying this because although it is very consistent with NAT, mono is not as it seems that completely compatible with the entire NET pile

I stumbled across many of those on development and many of them. I hope your project does not have many .NET dependencies like me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -