Perl - Ruby mapping? -


I was involved in a new project where Pearl should be one I'm coming from a good Ruby Foundation and Pearl and Ruby Want a quick introduction or mapping between me like I have heard that Pearl and Ruby are very close to the syntax (nothing is known about the FEATURES)

  1. Do you have any recommendations for me?
  2. Are you booking a great Pearl as an extended reference?
  3. The commonly used version is a second time in Nathan's book, although I would also like to mention that

Em> Pearl start There are two bonus features (1) It is freely available (and legally) (Note: this site is currently a deadline, and I am unsure whether it is temporary or not) and (2) it Learns Pearl and Intermediate Pearl combined thief is that it is time The primary thing that you might want ( Learning Perl gets faster and feels a bit higher - which can be a good thing.)

You can also see: Think in the opposite.

In the context of the volumes, 5.10.1 is stable, but you will come across a limit. Most of you will get 5.8.x and above, I suspect (just stays with Ruby 1.9.1 but you will still be able to use a lot of locations using 1.8.6 or above.)

To the extent I'm going in the opposite direction (I know Pearl quite well, and I'm using Ruby more often), I can mention things that stick to me:

  1. In Perl, you get a free conversion between strings and numbers Arise (and you do not need .to_f using ask clearly the result of a float or make a float of an item).
  2. Semi-colon option not are optional for the closing statement in Perl, and likewise they liked the brackets at least in Perl as compared to the gestures. (It gets complicated quickly, but for example you should be bracket for any condition, or for the test in while blocks.)
  3. 0 (String, integer and float), undef and empty string to be evaluated in bullion tests as false .
  4. There is no separate boolean true and false .
  5. You separate data types with sigils: $ foo is a scaler; @foo is an array; % foo is a hash (ARA especially bugs you may have: they are not the example variables.)
  6. Using the my keyword is obvious From there the scope of objects in the Pearl will be scaled.
  7. Array is automatically flattened in Pearl (it constantly bites me in Ruby.)
  8. Really, how big is your code in reference, reference, reference, Perl It depends on the understanding that in which context you have entered. It's for a start, but it's a big topic with many knox and craniés.

(Note that I did not mention 1000 pounds of gorilla in the room. OO is a part of Pearl and what can, but it is not in the center of Pearl, as In Ruby.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -