.net - Hosting a long running process in IIS -


I have a design scenario that is giving me some headaches and I am thinking that the best solution is the solution. / P>

I have an application like a dashboard that chooses information from a service that requires a Java RMI connection to collect real time data. I want to implement that dashboard component in silver light and provide data using WCF.

I have prepared a solution for this with the .NET Remoting and Windows Form in the past. My previous design was a Windows service, but I am thinking that I have a way to host such a service in IIS.

Service Required: -> Open RMI Connection (This is done with 'Ikvm) -> Drag data at regular intervals -> New data of updated customers has arrived (supervisor pattern)

Can I implement a single instance of my data collection class and register supervisors? Do I host WCF only in a Windows service? Any other ideas?

Web architecture is essentially just about responding to requests, with the customer voting again Push can be emulated, but if the customer is not actively seeking information, you can not put it on them.

Depending on the needs of your client, it seems like a web service would be best to keep a background cache and election system up to date, because your customer will always send the information of the most up to date Will get Cache and updates can be maintained by many different solutions, but your client will only look at the standard web services.

You have a small interface as part of the webservice for customer service to check that there is an update before downloading, if the size of the download offset is roundtrip to check the update.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -