javascript - Searching for the Ultimate Resizing Textarea -


I want to give users resizing textirection controls. I have given it a go and seen many other implementations, but I feel that nobody can meet all of my needs, especially I want a control which:

  • Works on IE and OS X on Windows and Firefox 3 and 3.5 in IE 6, IE7, IE8, when the page render in the analog mode (i.e. not in the quark mode).
  • does not mess up the buffer / undo stack undone. This is especially dirty issue with IE - adding nodes, removing nodes and resetting some other DOM operations input buffer which means that if any action depends on these techniques, then in a standard texture control it will not be undone. . I could not find more information about this bug except for the addition. Implementation like jQuery is suffering from this problem - Try to eliminate the changes in IE and compare how it works for standard textures. I have demonstrated this problem to JSBin.
  • There is a maximum height, beyond which there can not be control.
  • Shrink appropriately when the content is removed.
  • Does not work odd on flicker or queue like
  • Control is not required to use fixed width / monospace fonts. The closest I saw is the thing that works like this is Facebook's Status Update field, Which has been implemented as a content editable element, but I have some suggestions on using such an element because a div means:

    • The border is clearly styled Which means that we can end up with a limit that looks different from any original text.
    • Actual textreya (possibly in both directions?) To the content
    • Adds complexity while keeping other elements relative to the position of signs and textures.
    • Although this approach works for something like a Facebook status update, how well does it work in hundreds of standard input elements?

    What I set up is "the ultimate resizin g tectarea" - I understand the issues with existing approaches. Is there such control? Is it possible to write such a control?

check out

and see it (text field at the end of the form) < / P>

This is in line with your requirements.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -