javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -


I have a strange problem that I really do not know.

In addition to developing a new ASP.NET site, I have to support the old "classic ASP" site. It is written in VBScript with a batch of JavaScript functions. Many of the JavaScript functions include 'files'

Everything is fine on our production system (which security is controlled by another group - this is a military installation) Debugging them once did not work I). However, I have a fix for a vague bug that needs to be fully tested and some functions do not run under the "local" copy of the website that runs on my PC.

For the record, I am running IIS 5.1 on XP.

The problem is that some Javascript functions are running "OK" on the production server, but when they use it as a server, they are not defined on my PC what is happening that last Programmer, for some reason, has decided to put some functions in a series of files, which according to the observations, imitate the "need_once" function in PHP. These ASP files with Javascript functions are clearly read in a variable like a file on which the script then loads these functions into memory with "ExecuteGlobal thecode" (where 'code' variable in which he read the code. is).

The closer I can tell, when these sites run on my PC's IIS server, these functions do not stick to the do stick on the production server Administrators do not know much about the establishment of this 'legacy' application.

Do anyone know what direction should I be looking for at least? I do not know if I'm missing a setting or something in the server's configuration ... I do know that the "need_once" script is ok to find the files, read them and read "ExecuteGlobal" statement Without error, I do not understand why the button that runs the JavaScript function for "onClick" response is produced and fails on my PC when everything works fine (S PL Access, Security, etc.)

The development / test box (SES) is on IIS 5.1 XP Pro. I Live Box is on IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003. The new development box is on IIS 7 Vista business.

Our group does not have the money to buy a new server and paying for the place in the building does not give an answer by changing all the servers so a spare box in the Server 2003 / IIS 6 box ( I thought if I was in charge then it would be).

If I can also tell the support person to be responsible for the live server, where some settings which may differ on 5.1 (which I could see and compare them) Are ... I have just run away from the ideas.

It is not completely known where to start, but will help to ensure it That your production and test environment are running similar versions of the scripting engine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -