ASP.NET MVC open source application. MySQL or SQL Server? -


I have around 4 years of ASP.NET experience; I have a little knowledge about Ruby on the SQL Server (Web form only) Rail and I have applied a very small 2-3 pages in my work at ASP.NET MVC. Now I and my friend (Experiences like me) are ready to gain more experience of ASP.Net MVC. For that purpose we have thought about the development of an open source application in ASP.NET MVC. It can be a blog system or forum or something else so that the community can take advantage of it. But we can not decide back-end database for applications between MySQL and SQL Server. What would you suggest in relation to the following -

  1. Which will be more supportive or will it be required by the community?
  2. If we use MySQL, will it be difficult to proceed?
  3. Is there a chance to support both by using the ORM (I have no experience working with any ORM)
  4. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Will the community be more supported or needed?

For most business users and the most dedicated ASP hosting provider, this will be the Microsoft SQL Server IMHO. Surprised in version numbers spread. I see a lot of SQL Server 2008, a lot of 2005, and very surprisingly even in 2000.

"We are cheap, is it free for small?" Businesses and individuals, I also see some MySQL on Windows. I think the companies I have worked with, in my small cycle, this is 2/3 MSSQL and 1/3 SEL, which are two databases told to you.

If we use MySQL, can it be difficult to proceed?

In the case of more difficult development? Yes and no; SQL is more or less than Linux, which is available only for MSSQL, and many people get a simple and natural technology to do this work. So "yes" if your plan was to use SQL from LINQ as the ORM of choice, like other good organizations, NHibernate works equally well with both databases, as is called Big_George.

Is there a chance to support both using the ORM (I have no experience working with any ORM)

Sure , Fx

Any other suggestions?

Since this is your first application, so first the Macpops and Amp; See prototyping, UML or anything else of your choice whether you can criticize some of the experienced MVC developers for their designs, but do not take their criticism as a Gospel, there is more than one way to work properly.

Obviously consider the suggestion of Tianfosan to use the IRAP facility to provide flexibility on the storage layer.

Consider using unit testing and dependency injections from the beginning; Both IMHOs are very important and helpful in the long run. On the negative side, if you do not have prior experience with this then it will be a very new technology.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -