delphi - Display progress from time consuming process -


Sorry for my bad english ... Using Delphi 7 I want to create a dialogue window to show this That something happening in me is the application when I have to run slow procedures. I had something to do which I could use in this way:

  Start with TMyDialog.Create / Call the time-lapse method here; End;  

When I make dialogue, a window will appear with animation or something and the time consuming method will disappear after the completion (on free method) - If manually Please update progress with that dialogue, in such cases when the process gives me such information:

  start with TMyDialog.Create while starting time_consuming_method UpdateStatusOnMyDyalog (); End; Free; End;  

But generally it will be an animation only to show that something is happening.

Has anyone done something like that, knows a component or has a suggestion about it, is the best way to do it in the most clean and simple way?

The bad but easy way to do this is to call the application. Processing message or UpdateWindow (handle) (to update the form) and to increase a progress bar during your time_consuming_method . A better way would be to wrap your time_consuming_method in the square of an ongrid event. Lastly others have suggested that you can use a different thread for your time_consuming_method - which is the most powerful technique, but it is the worst learning curve.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -