iPhone real time notification from a server, without using Apple push notification -


I'm exploring a way to get real time notifications from a server in an iPhone app. I do not want to use apple push notifications because I have too many notifications, my web service has been coded in PHP, and I have not figured out an easy way to implement this functionnality. What should I consider?

Many thanks for your help!

EDIT: I'm looking for a way to get the notification only when the app is launched (Otherwise, the only option is not Apple Push.).

If the app is running then you can open an http connection from the app and server on the server When you open, you are pushing data through it, how it basically works.

This will only work if your app is running. If you need notifications, even if the user closes the app, then Apple Push Notifications are your only choice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -