32bit 64bit - Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit development, need clarification regarding .net framework and platform -


Quick Background: I develop C # in VS 2008 under .3 3.5 on Vista-X64 machine

I was recently switched to Vista-x64 and after some searching, I still feel like I do not fully understand the interaction between OS and Net framework. I would like some correction / clarification about this.

The following is an understanding of the development process (if I am wrong then please correct):

When I set up my project, then I set the platform goal: x64, x86, AnyCpu As I think, AnyCpu will target the current platform (x64 in my case). I can also target x86 and can still execute it (due to WoW64).

I think when I target x64, the program will use 64-bit .NET Framework 3.5, and similarly 32-bit framework for x86. Is it true?

I acknowledge that when I target x64 and print the platform information, it prints " WIN32NT ". From this I believe that " WIN32NT " I do not think what it is, but I am not able to know a lot about it. what is this?

ComputerInfo computerInfo = new ComputerInfo (); Console.light line ("{0, -30}: \ t {1}", "platform", computer infosoft format);

Thanks.

This does not really help, but all the environments return to win32nt ... it would be useful if they Will not win64nt back this?

Are you getting any other problems? Or is there just looking for knowledge?

Try checking your intitave size It will tell you that your app is running in 64 bit mode (I think)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -