java - XMPP web client for commercial web application -


I have the task of choosing an XMPP server / client solution for an internal web application, its purpose is through the client or web application of the client The web client is mandatory to be able to use it.

The web application is written in PHP, but I do not necessarily need a PHP solution, Flash or Java are acceptable (Flash is better, because already required for the second component of the application).

The web application requires JavaScript enabled (and jQuery access), therefore is not AJAX

  1. Using a secure connection to the customer (HTS for AJAX, TLS for Flash / Java).
  2. The client license must be commercially friendly. Will be free, but not required.

So far I found that LGPL is licensed (Hooray), but I have not been affected by its live demo. I'm unable to create an account on my server or connect to another XMPP server, which I run, so I could not even see it in action.

I've found, which looks good.

One of the other options is. I'm not sure if GPLv3 will like our usage (I'll need to read it more carefully).

Any advice (or a push in the right direction) will be appreciated. About the license: GPL orders you provide the source code with the application.

So GPLV can fit 3.

Choosing a library, I get two possible options:

  • If you want a custom and great integration with your website code, then with StropheJS Webclient is probably the best choice. But you'll need client GUI code (more work)

  • If you want a good customer but with limited contact with the rest of the website, I'd recommend Tigase Messeger this GWT And have good support - especially if the tegex is the server you use

< / Li>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -