Java: flushing memory out to disk -


Say I have a Java application that almost does the following:

  1. Start
  2. Do some things quickly
  3. Wait for long-term ideals (your favorite mechanism)
  4. Go to step 2

Is there any way to encourage or force the memory of your memory to flush during long period of laziness? (For example, at the end of step 2, call some functions that effectively say, "O JVM! I'm sleeping for a while.")

I have a large virtual memory Part, but physical memory is on premium on the machine that I am using because there are many background processes.

The operating system should handle it, I guess.

Otherwise, you can manually store your app in the initialization after the disk or database, and you can start that data quickly, perhaps?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -