c# - Can a web app access and modify the registry of Windows? -


I'm writing desktop app in C # for a while, but I am disappointed with the fact that not everyone .NET 2 or higher have been installed. I do not have the option of upgrading the system to meet my needs. My app is mostly utilities that run with the main program, the company I have worked for is that. They use the file system and the registry as being relatively new in programming, I was thinking that running these devices on the web will solve some of my problems but I do not know that the web app is available in Windows Parts can be accessed I was thinking of writing these web applications in Rail or ASP.NET. So my question is this. Can a web app access and modify Windows registry and file system?

Thank you.

No, "Web applications" like ASP.NET or Rail applications run on the server alone and Only serve clients HTML. Therefore, all client-side code can do JSRs running in browser sandbox, i.e. no file access or registry access.

You can still install an active X on the client computer, which has complete access, but the user must agree to install it because this is a security risk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -