xml - How do I run an XSLT file? -


OK it sounds like a stupid question but I can not understand it I am writing an XSLT file to translate an XML document into the XHTML document, I have used both Visual Studio and to preview the results of my XSLT file, but now I want to actually write a real XHTML file so that I can see how it looks in other browsers.

Neither is there a clear way to preview Visual Studio or XML Notepad. Am I forgetting something Obviously the file is being created because something is being previewed, but I need to know where the file is being created or it is better to choose its location.

In Visual Studio, add an XML file to a project. Open the XML file when the file is open and its window is activated, you should see in the property window, that you can specify output filenames and stylesheets. In addition, you should see that the menu bar now includes an "XML" item

If you select "Show XSLT Output" from the "XML" menu, then VS Apply specified conversion to XML file, your output will be written in the file you specify, and then open that file. If the file has a .xml extension, it will open it in a text editor window; If there is a .htm extension in it, it will open it in a browser window.

It's a bit clunky (it seems like I'm a menu that looks and disappears instead of being enabled / disabled), but it works well , And it's already in the tool you are using.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -