delphi - When and Why Should I Use TStringBuilder? -


I changed my program from Delphi 4 to Delphi 200 9 a year ago, primarily to jump to Unicode, But to achieve this, all the benefits of Delphi reforms all those years.

My code, of course, is all legacy code, it uses small strings, which now all long unicode string is formed, and I have changed all the old ANSI functions into new counterparts.

But with the Delphi 2009, they introduced the TStringbuilder class, possibly the StringBuilder class .NET.

My program handles many manipulation and manipulation, and can work to load megabytes of large membranes once megabyte to work together.

I do not know much about the implementation of Delphi's TStringBuilder, but I have heard that some of its operations are faster than using the default string operation.

My question is whether I have the ability to try it or not and use the TStringbuilder class to convert my standard string


Thank you for your reply and I have to reach my conclusion, which is not bothered, unless the need for .NET compatibility is required.

On my blog:

But it seems to me like Tstringbuilder is primarily one. NET compatibility is in the form of stability, rather than providing any real benefit to developers, the Win32 application, with the potential exception of developers or a single source, requires a Win32 / .NET codebase where string handling performance is not a concern. is.

For my best knowledge, something similar to TstringBuilder and Net with Java , It seems that tick the box type feature compared to any major advance.

The general consensus is that TStringbuilder is fast in some tasks, but is slow in others

Your program looks like an interesting person before / after TStringBuilder, But I do not do it other than an academic exercise.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -