sql - How to loop through all rows in an Oracle table? -


I have 30,000,000 rows through which I need to repeat, manipulate data on each line individually To save, save data from the file to the local drive.

What is the most effective way of loop through all the rows in the table using Oracle for SQL? I've been googling, but can not see any direct way to do this. Please help. Keep in mind that I do not know the exact number of lines, only an estimate.

Editing for Clarification:

We are using Oracle 10G which I believe. Row data contains Blob data (ZIP text files and XML files) which are read in memory and load into a custom object, where it will be updated again / using the Net Dome Access Classes , And will be stored on the local drive.

I do not have much database experience - I have planned to use the SQL statement directly with SDNET + Oracle Commands. There is no display restriction in fact it is for internal use. I just want to do this probably the best way.

You need to read 30M rows from Oracle DB and each line in the file system on the local computer Writing 30m files in Blobs (in a zip XML / text file in one Blob column per line)?

The obvious solution is to open an ado on the net codeReader by SELECT * FROM tbl WHERE & lt; Range & gt; so that you can make batches read the BLOB in your API from your reader, do your stuff and file the file. I would probably try to write this program so that it can be run from many computers, each can do its own limitations - your barriers are likely to be the most inconvenient, manipulation and ripping, because many consumers may be from that table Data can stream server without noticeable impact on server performance.

I suspect that you will be able to do it internally with set-based operation in Oracle database, and I too will be thinking about the file system and how you can organize a lot of files. (And do you have a place - Remember that the size taken by the file on the file system is always the same as the file system block size).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -