How to list files installed by a given Windows Installer? -


I will check an application installer and find out what it will install. For bonus points: I want to be able to extract files in a directory of my choice instead of running the installer. If none is possible, then I resolve to get the list of files installed after installation.

In the Linux world of .deb (Debian) and .rpm packages, I can list content by using tools such as "Dpkg" or "rpm" any package has been installed. I can check myself and get the list before installing the package. What is the equivalent system in Windows XP?

However it is possible to extract the file from .msi package without running it through custom code , It is still easy to run an administrative install ( msiexec / a package.msi ). It will extract its file in a format that can be used to install later, or you can check its content.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -