java - J2ME lcdui: Can I manipulate my GUI in a worker thread? -


I'm just starting with J2ME and LCDUI, and I'm looking at some sample code that says LCDI objects Calls from a worker thread

In my experience with desktop GUI toolkits, it is generally forbidden - is LCDIE different? Is it really okay to do this?

(I have made the goal to answer this question, but nothing got done - in some official documents a link to a disputed answer would be excellent!)

< P>

Lcdi is a strange thing, which you can and can not often depend on implementation. I have written an application for Blackberry, that there is no problem reaching the UI object from the background thread (except for common threading problems which you create yourself), but I am pretty sure that some other platforms will stop it.

If you are concerned about this, or it is causing problems to you, then you want to use javax.microedition.lcdui.Display.callSerially (Runnable) . This executes the runable object given in the UI thread (if there is such a thing in LCDU) and serializes it with other UI events and paint operations. You can read more about this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -