Complex webapp deployment script: Shell too limited? -


I inherited some release scripts which are prepared and deployed PHP webapps on nearly 20 servers, scripts are written in shell And I personally find some problems to keep them. They may have to do this with the way they are written, but I see that someone has opinions or experience to confirm this idea that I can try to do it in a stronger language . It is common in scripts written in the shell, but does it appear that it is produced in hardness than using a language which is read more easily and has better error handling facilities?

  • Collect and compile JavaScript and CSS
  • Upload static content to a CDN
  • Check the code and select it
  • Removing remote webserver
  • Clear old directories on the webserver
  • Remote machine
  • Reporting success or issues Send Dynamic Summary Email for
  • Is it just me or what kind of writing and shell? Naye kept? I have not actually played with PHP as command interpreter, but I'm thinking of doing this in PHP to match the project language. Anyone have any warnings, recommendations or alternatives?

    I think


    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

    sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

    javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -