c - Valgrind: Deliberately cause segfault -


This is a crazy hack , but I deliberately trying to cause a segfault specifically Indicate in the execution, Valgrind will give me a stack trace.

If there is a better way of doing this, please let me know, but I still want to know how deliberaly is a segfault cause, and why my attempt does not work.

This is my failed attempt:

  tall * ptr = (long *) 0xF0000000; Ptr = 10;  

I thought valgrind should at least choose it as an invalid writing, even if it is not a division violation. Valgrind does not say anything about it.

Any ideas why?

Edit

Responses were accepted, but I still have some up-votes

< Div class = "post-text" itemprop = "text">

Do you have a * similar to * ptr = 10 ? You will not have a compilation.

If this happens then surely there will be no mistake, because you are just specifying a number. Dereferencing can happen.

Understanding the space in a signfult on your OS result, the following should do the trick:

  Inline zero seg_fault (zero) {volatile int * p = Reinterpret_cast & lt ; Volatile int * & gt; (0); * P = 0x1337D00D; }  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -