c# - Program Compatibility Assistant thinks my app is an installer -


I have created a .NET C # WinForms application on Win 7 RTM x64, which says that I have called DataInstaller.

When I run this program out of the debugger (no blank form with no function at this time), it works fine until I can stop the form I then programmatically I receive a message from the assistant who says:

This program may not have been installed correctly

Then I would like to re-install using the recommended settings Get options That was supposed to be installed work.

If I name the app 'Data Tingi' then this is not an issue, I think it is related to the way that a program called 'setup' is related to getting the UAC shield icon .

I think something simple would be that I can put it in the app manifest to stop it?

I'm not sure that it happens on Vista as I do not currently have access. / P>

Rename is not an option and there is no alternative to shutting down the UAC, please do not recommend it!

Edit:

OMG.

It seems that if any of the following is true, then its amount sticks in the UAC:

Exe name is a word installer

AssemblyInfo.cs

  contains the word 'installer' in the word 'assembly' in the word 'installer' e.g. [Assembly: assembly legislation ("DataInstaller")] assembly term eg. [Assembly: assembly product ("Data installation utility")]  

'Installer' can also be 'setup'.

This beggar is confident, it really does, obviously one of the old VB6 programmers has been transferred to the UAC team in Redmond.

I still need a workaround, I am not ready to accept that my application may not be called an installer because it does not touch the registry or any files in the program files folder Puts.

I think UAAC would have put the machine in total lockdown if I tried to run my application. IAmAVirus.exe (Actually, I'm not trying this because I'm completely convinced

Add it to your manifest

 < Code> & lt ;? Xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8" standalone = "yes"? & Gt; & Lt; Assembly xmlns = "vase: schemas-microsoft-com: asm.v1" manifestVersion = "1.0" & gt; & Lt; Compatibility xmlns = "karash: schema-microsoft-com: compatibility.v1" & gt; & Lt; Application & gt; & Lt ;! - ID below indicates application support for Windows Vista - & gt; & Lt; Supported device ID = "{e2011457-1546-43c5-a5fe-008deee3d3f0}" /> & Lt ;! - ID below indicates application support for Windows 7 - & gt; & Lt; Supported OS ID = "{35138b9a-5d96-4fbd-8e2d-a2440225f93a}" /> & Lt ;! - Indicates app support for Windows 8 below ID - & gt; & Lt; Supported OS ID = "{4a2f28e3-53b9-4441-ba9c-d69d4a4a6e38}" /> & Lt ;! - Indicates app support for Windows 8.1 below ID - & gt; & Lt; Supported OS ID = "{1f676c76-80e1-4239-95bb-83d0f6d0da78}" /> & Lt; / Application & gt; & Lt; / Compatibility & gt;  

In the previous example, GUIDs provide bottom-level support for all operating systems. Apps that support multiple platforms do not require separate manifests for each platform.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -