BDD on Rails - Is the community more behind Shoulda or RSpec? -


For a new application, I want to start dubbing in BDD and I would like to use RSPC or Thotbot's Shia I am trying to make a decision. I like macros, which is used in China, and the fact is that Ruby / Rail test does not seem to change the way, but only offers one add-on. On the other hand, the macros Instead of being clear about how much testing they are doing, they seem like some "magic" (though I know by dubbing that it is troubling to write a dozen, "without xxx should be invalid" Micro liner a sample). Honestly I write specialties / tests for the model, trivial and almost bright to be easy to test, but I consider them very difficult for controllers because I'm not sure how to test or write it needed.

If I am on the subject of joke and glamor, because I think they give you misconceptions (because you can only tell it that whatever data you need or that method to X ) And I know that RSPC heavily uses them both. I like the document which produces RSPCE, but I am making an application for sale, not to give to a customer, Slia beautiful documents it is not useful. I like cucumber, but it seems like Overkill (and yes, I know it should be used).

At this point there is a rail community in favor of RSPC or Shia?

The rail community is in favor of both RSpec and Shoulda, depending on the developer if you prefer it If so, then use it.
If you like RSPC, then use it;)

They are both separate libraries with the same goal. This does not mean that every developer should be against it or against it. It means only that you can use any of these.

Depending on you to make your choice based on your preferences (and other developers with whom you are working).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -