How can I get CVS to delete a folder I just checked in? -


I run CVS on my Mac OS X and access it from Windows VM. It works great (though the version of CVS that comes with Mac OS X is really old).

But I am worried that I can not tell the project folders if I have checked this project or not. Is there a way to delete a folder by forgetting the CVS command so that I can only edit the project that I have checked? Since I am the sole user, I can follow strict check-in / check-out rule.

In addition, is there a way for CVS to automatically add new files? I'm not sure what new classroom I can make, I can best remember them so that I can add them to the project in the CVS. I know that maybe I make new files in cvs add , but then I often create a new class and then delete it when I decide that I do not need all this later . It should be best to add and remove such files from CVS.

Or maybe I should switch to a different source control system (which is easily installed, runs on Mac OS X, and has a Windows client)?

You can use "CVS status". To see the status of your working folders and the status of "CVS release-D", see CVS to see how there is any outstanding changes in your work folders, to see them before removing them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -