linux - ubuntu/fedora: how do I add applications in the menus? -


To add an application to Ubuntu or Fedora, do they need to leave those filesystem and hierarchy?

I am creating a .deb package and I have to show it in the "Other" menu how do I get it?

Freedesktop.org (which provides some standards that correspond to genome and KDE) That should appear in the shortcut .desktop files. You can place your .desktop file (files) to the existing package using your system's package manager. For example, on Fedora:

  $ rpm -ql transmission | Grep Desktop \ $ /usr/share/applications/transmission.desktop  

There is a tutorial that should help you get started.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -