deployment - Deploy SQL Server CE with my Windows Mobile app -


I have written a Windows Mobile Standard / Smartphone app (my first) which is a backend in the form of a SQL Server Compact Edition databases. Uses. I had no problem testing in the emulator in Visual Studio because it installed SQL Server CE emulator for me when I had created my deployment project, however, the resulting CAB file was installed properly on my phone, but Because he could not find the SQL Server CE Library

Need SQL Server CE to be installed as a separate Cab like NAT CF 3.5? If so, where can I find this (I did not find anything like this on MS's site)? Or can I include the the system.Data.SqlServerCe.dll file in my system?

Edit:

I added the above mentioned DLL for deployment and it works so that it answers my initial question. But I have ideas for more applications, most of which will also use SQL Server CE Instead of including a copy of DLL with each install I was instead a source for SQL Server CE Library. I think I can make my own installed folder only for DLL, but I'm guessing that there is probably an "official" way of doing this. So I'm back on my first initial question: Is there a CAB for SQL Server CE? If I do not already install those files, and I definitely do not want to install duplicates, then I do not want to install the files.

I think my fingers move faster than my brain. For SQL Server Compact Here's the installation of the mobile version:

Edit:

I would like to add more information for everyone looking for this information. I was First of all, there are two ways that I have been included in SQL Server with a mobile application: either use the installation cab, or include seven SqlCe DLLs with your application. Personally, I chose the pre so that SqlCe can be used by other applications. All files for my device (both CAB or DLL) were located in C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition \ v3.5 \ devices \ wce500 \ armv4i *, but I have An ARM processor and I do not know anything about others.

The second issue for me was that I am involved in every project for my own private library DLL. I do not want to install duplicates for every one of my applications, so I removed the DLL from my deployment project and created a new deployment just for those files.

My last problem was how to install everything without worrying about the user. Most users are not developers and I hope they do not want to expect to install three different CAB files (four if they do not already have a .NET CF 3.5) to use their application. I got an answer in multicab, a sample deployment project which can cache the CAB files and install only those people who are required, although this is a C ++ project (I personally work in C #) The WinMo 6 SDK has a white sheet that runs through the creation of the Uber-CAB file. The white paper and multicab project can be found on the C: \ Program Files \ Windows Mobile 6 SDK \ Samples \ Common \ CPP \ Win32 \ multicabinstall *.

Hope this helps someone

* Assume that the installation was done in the default directories.


Comments