Cookie session in rails is it the same as cookie or session? -


I am reading "Rail, Excel Web Development with Third Edition" and confusing session-cookie .

On page 474 it is a topic about locating cookies and how they talk about handler cookies-disabled users. And they come with the idea of ​​a cookie session, which I think is a fake session that acts as a cookie?

What I do not understand is the example code, which uses the first_filters: cookies_required and request.cookies are asking [Session_key] whether it is similar to the cookie variable or this "fake cookie Session "about which they are talking about?

And if this is a "fake cookie session", then which cookie is capable of using it? I do not know any code which users do not have a cookie?

I do not know if you can understand my question. I am very confused now.

Thank you,

Page 474 is a bit confusing I cookie-based session, which The default Rail Session Store stores session_id as a session. You can also reset the session shop - see below p477-479.

The examples of the code you ask are listed in the book before the session topic. These are real cookies, such as those sessions which are set in Javascript that are set: cookie_store They are meant to save only: session_key in the cookie.

The method cookies_test checks whether a user has access to cookies or not.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -