mailmerge - Itemized bills in Word -


I want to create a bill for non-profits in the form of a Word Mail merge.

Now, the source data is stored in Excel in a pivot-table-like structure (this was not my view) with two cells per item type (dues and payments) per customer. (Each customer has one line, and each item has two columns of type) Existing data is in this framework, but if there is any way to change it in a better way, then I am open to ideas.

I have a word mail merge document written by Word macro at present, a word if the field code is for each pair column (item type). (Not all customers have all the item types, so I need a field if I want to exclude every customer.)

The problem is that only I know how to operate this system, and now I do not have time to generate all the bills I have.

Ideally, I will write my own billing app (this will also solve many other problems), but I do not have time for it, either.

Is there a way (reasonably quick) to create a system, fewer technical people are allowed to do all the bills without me?

We have seen in QuickBooks, but it can not import existing transactions.

Here's a solution I've thought about:

Excel data Manipulate transactions per transaction per transaction (per item per item, or with each pair of cells in the current structure) in a non-pavoted form. I actually did in an unsuccessful attempt to import the transaction into QuickBooks.

Each row will be converted into an item in the bill (current, pivoted form should be opposed, where each row is converted into a whole page with many items)

Then, make a word merge document that is if the existing line is the first line for a different customer, and if it is, then the entire text of the bill is included (as opposed to items) two (very large) If the field codes in

all An item is generated in the rows bill.
The last line of each customer will follow (with the part of the item behind) the second half of the lesson for that old customer.
The first line of each customer will be before the first half of the text for the new customer (the first part of the item).
Two are necessary to handle the first and the last client.

I need to add a formula column in the spreadsheet that tells me to include the prefix, suffix, or neither, because it is impossible to do in the Word. (You can not peek the next record)

The merge generator will still have a complex monstrosity, but it will never need to change; New item types will be picked up from source data. (Unlike current merge generators which require a new macro-generated field code for each new item type). Even so, I would probably make a macro to make it in terms of changing the texts. (Editing texts inside the field code are very annoying).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -