java - How is server-side javascript used/implemented? -


I've known server-side javascript for a long time, but I do not have a clue about it is. Can anyone tell me in the right direction?

I'm interested in using server-side javascript + Java servlet technology

edit

Great! I have seen those technologies before, but for some reason I have not associated them with the "server-side" JavaScript (doh!)

supplemental question: if I use the JavaScript library to create content Want to do ExtJs for example), am I able to get a "document" to modify the server-side in the client?

(I think I will know in my earlier endeavor)

Running Javascript server side requires a JavaScript engine that can be embedded. Most of these "Embeddable" engines provide an API that lets you interface between executed JavaScript code and your own objects / methods. For example, to allow the execution of functions written in Java or C #, you have JavaScript code, or you can increase the symbol's table of icons to include access to non-JavaScript objects in your system.

I take a look at some of these engines, I think the Rhino may be the best fit for you written in Java. Their tutorial outlines embedding Rhinos in a Java environment.

  1. A Rhino Embedding Tutorial:
  2. V8 is Google's engine V8 is not currently threaded, so it's probably not in line with your requirements in a server environment.
  3. Spidemoike is an engine enabling JavaScript execution of Firefox, in response to your second question,

edit .

I'm not sure what exactly the content you generate is actually a javascript library, though you mention ExtJS, which I believe is the meaning of HTML content? It is important to understand the difference between DOM (which can read and modify JavaScript but is not "part" from javascript copy) and javascript language. If you need a DOM server side idea which is a different story, the above options can help you if you need JavaScript Language .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -