c# - Linq with DataTables vs plain SQL -


I am working on apps that are basically standard SQL operations (A / B, where x = y etc.) < / P>

Parts of the query can be defined by the user at runtime. As it has been implemented, raw data is in a datatale and I "parse" the query parameter in a linq expression (originally on the column names of the data operators in the data format). This is Nifty and everything else, and not much work, but I'm not completely sure why I do not just put data in a SQLite table and just use actual SQL, and only query the query from the user's input Make it

I know this is very comprehensive, but what are the advantages that I am now remembering that maybe to be a better implementation option down the line could prove to be lank? The only thing that comes to mind is that if I want to move beyond my data classes in my own class for some reason, I can still use linq for them to query.

"The only thing that comes to mind is that if I for some reason I can still use linq to ask them. "

This is a very good reason in itself that you have a certain amount of application in language freedom Receiving can not be directly linked to SQL if you ever change datastore / backing Received so like to have it would be much easier time.

Believing your parsing code is concrete, another advantage that you get through your application code using LINQ is that it is strongly typed with code and SQL strings Less brittle

Perhaps you did not understand this or it's necessity, but by highlighting LINQ you work with creating a friendly layer.

As suggested, you can keep your data in SQLite and still use LINQ. You can get connector for both the Entity Framework and Linux and then there are library like Debian.

If you can parse your dynamic queries in linux and then there is a linux provider, applications with technology and basic options which may look good but may not be suitable in the future. You have already said that you were considering switching to SQLite.

With all the residues, though it depends on your priorities and what remains to be with you (or without), determines whether additional layers remains significant.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -