If I wanted to define a file format, how would I go about that? -


Say that I came in some super-dupler mode of representing some data which I think about other people Useful to know and use. Suppose I have a 'imagination' in some form, even if it can not be a completely formal: i.e., i know how this file format will already work.

Then how would I go about releasing this device to get comments and feedback based on this? How can I get it 'standardized' in some form?

The file format is difficult to specify. If the data you want to store is trivial, it is going to be disapproved, in general, this is hardly the case. You can use RFC frameworks and keywords, but I always have to specify a file format in slow, difficult and boring tasks, because it is difficult to read.

My suggestion, if you want to follow this, focus on the block of information, the majority is for those institutions which are optional, and only when there is another situation, So try to capitalize on the data while dividing it.

The best imagination, IMHO, is the actual code with a uberperfect testuite.

For standardization, if enough people use it, then it becomes a D-Facto standard. You do not need an official stamp for this, however, when the use of format is adequate, you can benefit from the official mime type.

To talk about it, well, it depends on me in terms of "object-oriented" institutions and it is useful to talk about relationships too.

Finally, try to find a decent first standard option or at least try not to deal with raw bits. There are many complete container formats that free you from many annoying tasks. Container's choice depends on the actual format file format (e.g., if you need encryption, interleaving, transaction, etc.).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -