Hosting requirement: What does WCF need to work? -


I plan to start development with WCF this weekend. Before I get far away, I would like to know what I want from my web host? What is the need to run our server to enable WCF? Is this standard ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 stuff? Does the host need to do anything in our IIS configuration?

I am currently hosting our ASP.Net App, Company Website etc. With the third party hosting service Due to our size, cost etc. we are using a shared hosting plan and getting some limited access to the channel IIS. I hope we have no problem which limits our ability to use WCF.

If you want to host your WCF service in IIS, you need IIS6 (Win Server 2003) or preferably The ability to create IIS7 (Win Server 2008), .NET 3.0 (or preferably: .NET 3.5 SP1) framework, and virtual directory is required. IIS (So, you need at least some degree IIS configuration)

This is it! :-)

Mark


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -