Django form redirect using HttpResponseRedirect -


So it can not be very difficult but I can not understand it ...

I To upload the file, I want my form in the dynamic (located at / file_upload / ), add it to the database, and then redirect to a new page where the parameter is the id of the field ( Is located in / file / 163 / ).

I have set up the URLs so that / file / 163 / works fine if you navigate directly there, but I do not know / File / upload /

My code is:

  def add (request): If request.method == 'POST': # If the form is submitted ... form = UploadFile Form (Request.POST, request.FILES) If Form Is_valid (): #DooStuff & amp; Add to database my_file = FileField.objects.create () Returns HttpResponseRedirect (reverse ('/ file /', args = [my_file.id]))  

I can not use it because I do not know that the field ID is going to happen until I manage the form in view.py, so the redirect should be in views.py. I guess

Any thoughts?

Your view should appear something like this:

  Def add (request): If request.method == 'POST': form = UploadFileForm (request.POST, request.FILES) if form.is_valid (): # do stuff & amp; Use my_file = FileField.objects.create () # my_file.pk or any feature of FileField is based on your ID return HttpResponseRedirect ('/ files /% i /'% my_file.pk) Other: form = UploadFileForm () Returns render_to_response ('upload_file.html', {'form': form,})  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -