SQL Command ISNULL for ODBC Connection -


I am connected with OpenEdge datasource via ODBC (not our product, we are just reaching our database, I rarely have any information and, of course, no help from the other side).

Anyhow, I just need to perform a simple selection, add some lines and I want an ISNull statement equivalent.

> Actually I want to execute

  SELECT ISNULL (NULL, 'test')  

This is a syntax error Fails with I have seen some such things that they misunderstood "documentation" but are only reference to SPSIL_ISNULL, but I can not even get it to work. I am fit in T-SQL, so any point in any direction is appreciated, even if it is an RTFM with only TFM link :)

Thanks

Thank you for Catlin and this got me on the right track. I thought I needed an OpenEdge specific function, but in reality I just needed to use the ODBC SQL syntax.

  ISNULL (col, 4)  

Do you

  COALESCE (col, 4)   

which gives expression of "data type with the highest data if all the expressions are indestructible, the result is ineligible."

Originally it would convert to 4 If the value is empty (and therefore not variable)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -