python - Specific use case for Django admin -


I have some special use cases for the Django administrator, and I'm curious about other people's opinions: / P>

  1. I want to use a customized version administrator so that users can edit some objects on the site (optimized to see more like the rest of the site). At this point, users can edit only the objects of which they own, but I can finally open it to some other wiki-style where none of the user objects can edit. In other words, I am specifying all users as 'staff' and am allowing them to edit.

  2. I was also considering doing this for other things where all users will be able to edit all the objects I use a custom view to make sure The advantage of the user to edit only their object is that I have a starting point for the editing interface (as the administrator automatically creates) that I can only customize from ModelAdmin The front because administrative functionality is already like.

I think the first suggestion would be considered acceptable, while the second would not be. After examining some other resources (and quotes from the Django book in that question) it seems that some Django developers feel that this is a misconception.

My question is: Why? There are no good reasons to use custom admin ideas to allow per-object from display, stability, security, usability etc.? It seems that it can save a lot of time for certain applications (and I can finish it in any way), but I want to understand the reason for such distinction between the administration and everything else.

You are free to do whatever you like. If you want to customize the Django administrator, go for it, but if you get distracted from the path of specific admin modifications, the mailing list and possibly the IRC will not be supported.

While optimizing the administrator, just like a simple solution, it is more likely that this is going to work more than just replacing the required forms, once you actually know how to work things out Try and look into the ideas - they will expose the basic functionality that you need very quickly, and the administrator will be easy to expand.

I believe that "Administrator is not your app" comes from the fact that the administrator is easier to use than any other mechanism (besides hacking, leaving the administrator untouched, Easy Django Developers)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -